Thursday, August 6, 2015

I needed that

Yesterday I went for a 7 mile run.  I didn't want to.  I don't like running so many miles in the middle of the week, I feel like I just don't have the time.  I get home at 5:30pm, if I'm lucky I'm out the door by 5:45, 7 miles means more than an hour, most likely.  So I get back home sometime after 6:45, and have to shower.  If I'm lucky I'm eating dinner at 7pm, most likely later and only if Chris cooks.  If Chris doesn't cook, I'll be eating at 7:30 or 8.  I go to bed at 8:30-9:30 most nights. 

And don't even get me started on running in the morning.  It takes me an hour to get ready.  I don't think I'm that high maintenance but I straighten my hair, and if I run, I take a shower, don't straighten my hair, but still have to figure out what to do with the wet mess that is going to be frizzy later (I never blow dry my hair) and the time equals out to an hour.  So, if I run in the morning, 7 miles, I'm getting up at 4:30am, to run, shower, get ready, and then I probably don't have time for breakfast or coffee.  And with 7 miles, I really should eat something first, so then I'm getting up at 4, yeah. no. 

It's only going to get worse.

Anyway, yesterday was a break in the warm weather.  The forecast called for rain, and I thought that would be nice to run in the rain.(Sadly it didn't rain while I was running.)  I planned to run in the evening.  I didn't want to.  I keep telling myself that I WANT to do a marathon.  No one is forcing me.  Most people think I'm crazy.  Hell, I think I'm crazy. 

So I ran.  It was a good run.  I needed a good run.  Sunday's run was just hard.  My legs were tired, I felt like I'd never finish, or wouldn't be able to.  Tuesday's run was fast.  It also felt hard.  I stopped at one point to mess with my phone, don't remember why, and realized how tired my legs were and that I didn't want to go on.  I finished the run, but it was hard. 

Yesterday's 7 miles had me apprehensive, middle of the week, two hard runs before it.  I was going to take my time and try to enjoy my run.  And I did.  I was a little tired at the end, thinking I wished I had grabbed some fuel, because I hadn't eaten since lunch, but I knew it wouldn't be long before I was done.  I enjoyed listening to my audiobook and got caught up in it for a while.  It wasn't overly fast, but it was a good pace for me, for 7 miles.

 Thinking about it now, Sunday's run might have been so hard because I was going too fast.  It was averaged to be only 9 seconds per mile slower than my 7 miles yesterday.  I am not good at slowing down on long runs.  Right before we moved back to Mt. Vernon I was using my Garmin to keep my miles as evenly paced as I could, and I was doing really well with it.  But then we moved, I used my Garmin 2 or 3 times after our move and lost it.  I tore my room apart, which is where I know I put it, and still couldn't find it.  And actually tore other parts of my house apart as well thinking I was wrong.  But it's no where.  I have no idea where it went.  It's been 2 months since I've seen it.  It's much harder to pace myself with my phone.  Anyway, in a week and a half when I do 14 miles, I'm gonna need to slow down.

We're going out of town tomorrow evening for a week.  I don't know if I'll get my scheduled 10 miles in this weekend, or any of my other scheduled runs in.  I don't know if I'm okay with that.  I will take my running clothes.  Maybe I'll run stairs, there are stairs in the house we are going to.  But I won't be posting.  There is no internet.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment