Monday, September 11, 2017

Leavenworth weekend

I have a standing desk at work, well it adjusts to a standing or sitting desk.  I've wanted one for years and years, and finally got one at this job.  I find that when I stand at my desk I tend to move around more.  I tend to go for walks down the hall (mostly to look for someone to talk to) ; ) but also just more fidgety at my desk than if I sit.  I think that is actually the reason they say you should use a standing desk. 

Anyway, this weekend my sister and I went to Leavenworth for the Wine Walk.  My post last week talked about this being the 5th year we've done it (I found pictures for 5 years, and skipped one year) but then I was talking to my sister and I was right originally, this is the 4th year we've done it.  It's the 6th year we've done a trip just her and I.  The very first year we did a trip was to Leavenworth, but not for the Wine Walk, we didn't know about it yet.  The second year we went to Winthrop which is why I couldn't find a picture of our Leavenworth trip in 2013, we didn't go there.  =) 
Anyway, this weekend was the Wine Walk, and it was fun.  The Wine Walk is exactly what it sounds like.  It's a town-wide wine tasting.  Different wineries set up booths in stores in downtown Leavenworth, some have actual tasting rooms that are there all year round (more now than 4 years ago).  At the beginning of the day you get a map with the locations of the wineries that are participating and a wine glass and you walk from place to place and taste their wines.  I always buy a couple of bottles, and I save the bottles that I get from this weekend.  I'm developing quite a collection.  =)  I have no idea what I'm going to use the bottles of wine for, but I don't want to open them.  I always say they're for a special occasion but I have yet to meet an occasion special enough.  ; ) 

Anyway, this year we went a day earlier than we have in the past.  We left Thursday after work so we would have a full day to enjoy the sun and the pool, which we totally did.  Friday morning we went to breakfast (the hotel we've stayed at last year and this year has a great complimentary breakfast) and Nancy asked me if I was going to go run.  I said I hadn't really decided yet, and she told me to go, I would regret it if I didn't.  So I went for a run.

I ran 6 miles out of town, and it didn't suck.  ; ) 
After my run I convinced my sister to get in the outside pool (she did lap swim in the inside pool while I was running . . . she's a swimmer, not a runner), so we lounged around for an hour or so and then went looking for food.  We found a sandwich place that she LOVES (which is strange because she doesn't like sandwiches) a couple years ago, so now we go there once a trip. After lunch we went for a walk on a trail that goes by a river and loops through an island, and then we went back to the pool for the afternoon.  It was a very nice way to spend Friday.  =) 

Saturday was the Wine Walk which is best expressed in pictures. =)



And then back to the hotel to sober up a little.  We got in the hot tub for a short time, and then went back to our room and watched some TV. 
We finally decided we should eat dinner, so we tried somewhere new.  I'll admit, we mostly chose the place because of the name, which was "Wok About Mongolian Grill" and had cool names for their drinks like "Wok-a-tini." =)  I got a much needed fortune, which I'm sure will come true!
It says "You will inherit an unexpected
sum of money within the year."
On our walk back to the hotel we saw a quartet playing Alpen horns, which was really, really cool.

Then back to the hotel where we drank some more wine and passed out.  =)

And Sunday we came home.  Damian was late leaving Mount Vernon to pick me up, so we stopped and got pedicures while we waited for him.

All-in-all, it was a good weekend.  I was not ready to come to work today, but I guess that's where I'm at.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great time with your sister!!!

    So do you leave your desk in the standing position most of the time??? How long have you had it? I'm curious to know if the standing thing will pass like a fad or if you will keep standing most of the time!!!

    ReplyDelete