Friday, April 17, 2020

contemplations

I am sitting here in my garage office, listening to Maddox do his school work in the house and the birds chirping outside.  It is such nice weather right now.  This week has been in the mid and upper 60's and yesterday it hit 70.  Today it's supposed to be a bit cooler, but still nice.  The nice weather is wonderful.  I even have the back door to the garage open (although my heater is on high and I have a heated blanket on my legs). 
I have been thinking today about a marathon.  I talked about it at the beginning of March but then this virus stuff hit and I forgot.  I guess "forgot" isn't the right word, I just didn't think about it again until yesterday.  When the days are like today, and I'm stuck inside, it makes me want to go run.  And then when it's time to go run, I don't want to.  It's annoying. 

Anyway, I was thinking about it yesterday, but my old training plans are at work (where I am not), so last night in one of those half asleep idea phases, I thought, I can get on my blog and find out when I started training and then look at MapMyRun for how far, etc.  Well, as often happens when I look at old posts on my blog, I get sucked into reading different posts. 

*sidenote * A few months ago I changed my format because my old one was . . . well, old.  But I'm not liking this new one.  I like the look, but there are features that are gone, like going to the next or older posts, and a few other things, that I just can't put my finger on.  However, I'm lazy so haven't changed it again.  What do you (5 people that read this) think?  Is it annoying for you too?  I don't look at it very often, so don't actually care much. 

Anyway, marathon training.  Reading old posts, looking at old pictures of me motivates me more than almost anything else.  I want to be back to that person, looking like that person, and feeling like that person.  It's just when I am sitting on the couch in the evening, it's so easy to go get a snack (I have so many right now).  If I am going to do the Cascade Express marathon that I talked about in March, then I need to start training in a few weeks.  Although, my normal week of running is higher mileage than week 1 and 2 of marathon training.

Maybe that is just what I need to do, look at old posts more often, look at old pictures when I feel like eating.  I wish I had a way to print out a picture and put it on the mirror (or the fridge might be better).  Seriously, I have had more motivation this week than I have in awhile since I posted a few days ago about lacking motivation.  I would not say I've been great, but I am lower in weight than I was last week, and back to my April 1st weight (which is higher than my March 1st weight).  I will say, my biggest issue is wine.  I did drink less last week and this week compared to the first couple weeks of staying home.

Oh . . . that brings up a rant I have (or maybe two).  The whole media thing of "stay inside" drives me crazy.  I agree, we should definitely social distance, limit going out to places, but I do not have to "stay inside."  In fact, that is the worst thing to be telling people.  My dad is the perfect example, he is rebelling against this staying home thing because he "refuses to be locked inside all day."  I understand that he is pretty isolated on his farm, but the idea that he can't do anything is driving him nuts and is causing him to make unsafe choices. 

Please, go outside!  Enjoy the weather (if it's nice where you are).  Go for a walk.  Go for a run.  Do yard work, enjoy a fire.  Just stay away from others that are not in your immediate family.  In fact, last week my sister came up to visit us.  Her and her husband sat on one end of my yard and we sat on the other end, and we had a great visit.  But we did not get close to each other.  I wish I had a picture to share, but I didn't take one.  :-( 

1 comment:

  1. I actually read all your posts via Feedly so I don't see your theme!

    ReplyDelete

Differences

 This morning I decided to take my blood pressure because I haven't taken it for awhile.  Retatrutide (reta) is supposed to help with bl...