My Grandma died when I was in college, but I still went to my parent's house and they had dinner, but it was never quite the same. When I moved to western WA I quit going to my parent's house (I don't really know why), but then it was just Damian and me. Sometimes I would go to my sister's but not all the time. And then when Chris and I got back together he always worked on the weekend, so we never started doing anything together.
This year, Damian went to a friend's house for a birthday party on Saturday and asked to stay the night, so since we weren't doing anything I said okay. Sunday morning was very calm and quiet. I didn't go to church, but Maddox and I hung out. I made us pancakes, bacon and eggs, of which Maddox ate the bacon (too much Easter basket candy). We went outside and watched a train for awhile, and then we went for a walk and found caterpillars and a garden.
Damian came home after lunch and found his Easter basket. My parents alternated ways to hide our baskets when I was young. They would either tie a string to it and then wind the string throughout the house back to our bedrooms and we'd have to follow the string. It was fun because there were 4 of us, so sometimes we'd get mixed up and find the wrong basket and have to start over. The other one they would do is a scavenger hunt type of thing. They would write clues and we'd have to follow the clues till we found the basket. I did the clue one for Damian this year. I have always avoided that one because of his reading problems, but I thought he was plenty old enough this year. I had him going back and forth through the house, down to the basement and up to the attic. Even if he didn't have fun, I did. :-)
When Chris got home from work we did an Easter egg hunt with Maddox, which he loved.
Saturday I did the Tulip Run. I really wanted to place like I did last year but didn't expect to. I knew I'd be slow and fully expected to be over 9 min/miles. The first mile I was about a 8:44 min/mile according to my Garmin (which I loved having for the race) and I felt really, really good. I thought "I could totally speed up" but then thought about the saying "don't judge a run by the first mile" and knew I'd need something in my tank at mile 5 so I refrained.
I don't remember exactly when but I came up behind a girl that was going my same speed and decided to stay behind her. I passed her at one point, but she passed me again. At about mile 3 she sped up and I worked (hard) to keep up with her. Then (thankfully) she slowed down at mile 4, I didn't pass her again, but I was able to keep within about 30 feet of her. I finished in 43.58, and was not even close to the first place person in my age group. In fact, she was 8 min faster than I was last year, so I didn't feel so bad. Even in my best running shape I couldn't beat 34.41 (that's a 6.56 min/mile, don't think so!), even the third place person was faster than my time last year, she did it at 41.02.
Oh and it's so good I didn't speed up in mile 1, I was giving it everything I had in mile 5 and that was my slowest mile.
Every mile was under 9min/mile . . . amazing! Following someone really helps, you just have to follow the right person. =)
I've done this run 3 years and never had a picture online for it . . . happily this year, I have 3 of me, one full on. :-)
| I know the picture wasn't of me, but I'm in it. (The green in the back) |
| This was the lady I was chasing the whole time. She clicked her heals but unfortunately the guy didn't get it exactly, I thought it was hilarious. |
| I was still laughing from the lady in front of me. |




No comments:
Post a Comment