Friday, February 12, 2021

Hectic life

You think your life will be hectic if you're 42 with a family and a full-time job and you decide to go to school? Well, add a second job (that doesn't get paid), that will make you question all the decisions you made in the last 2 years.  I am seriously working a lot, which is sooooooo much different than my last 6 years.  My current job is so easy, I don't do a ton and I've been doing it so long that I could do it in my sleep.  My new job is not easy, and there is so much to it.

I am continuing to run everyday, but since my last post, I haven't run and more in a week than I was.  I haven't had time (well, before dark I haven't had time)  My last run longer than a mile was Monday (it's Friday).  I won't even hit 15 miles this week.  I am working out with my sister, not everyday, but most days.  I'm actually enjoying that more than my runs right now, which I never thought I'd say.  Will I quit running? No.  At least not anytime soon.

I've been trying to eat better to lose weight, and even though it's tiny steps, I am consistently going in the right direction.  Since January 1st all my recorded weighins (personally recorded, not publicly) have gone down a little.  This week was only 0.2, but it was lower than last week.  That means that at this moment I am a little over 3 lbs lighter than I was on January 1st, and that makes me happy.  Even though the lose is slow, it's not up and down, which has been normal lately.  

I'm a little worried about saying anything about that because I don't want to jinx it, but really wanted to share.


This was after we worked out and took down Christmas decorations at my dad's a few weeks ago. If your feet hurt after working out or  being on them all day, I highly recommend doing this. It works wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

not running much

 My last post from July talked about the differences I have had in a year. I definitely see the difference a year makes and I'm happy wi...