My Dad and Uncle (they farm together) are retiring after this year, so this is the last harvest that my family will ever be a part of. It's sad to think about, but also overdue for my dad and uncle. My dad is 66 and my uncle is 70, they are definitely ready for retirement. I am sad that it's a year before Damian can officially help out with harvest (driving truck) and Maddox won't have any memories of it (or at least not good ones).
![]() |
| Damian driving the bankout wagon (what collects the wheat from the combine and puts it in the truck) |
![]() |
| I am very allergic to wheat, so I don't go into the fields very often. I think this is the first time in 20? years or more I've been this close to the combine. |
![]() |
| My cousin's son, Tobias is driving the combine this year. |
![]() |
| Tobias, Maddox, and my dad |
![]() |
| The view from my parents' front porch |
![]() |
| My sister and Maddox in the truck |
![]() |
| Emptying the wheat at the elevator I stayed in the truck, the elevator is the worst spot for me with my allergies. |
I am happy that I brought my running shoes and a few shorts and shirts. I was thinking I might run over the weekend (I didn't, too hot), but yesterday I pulled my parents treadmill into the room where the air conditioner is and did some hill work (which is what was on my schedule for today) and then ran 3 miles for a total of 4 miles. It's cooler today, so I thought I'd go run outside, but I got up too late and already it's 10:30 and 80 degrees. I know others run in 80 degree weather, but I'm not used to it, so I guess I will do it on the treadmill later. (Which kinda sucks.)
I was talking to my sister about marathon training on Sunday. I am struggling with plantar faciitis still. It never totally went away and right before starting the training, I had upped my miles considerably (probably too fast) and aggravated it more, so now it's pretty bad. She was telling me that maybe I should stop training and let it heal completely and then just do the marathon next year. I know she's right, but I don't want to. I am in complete denial that it won't get worse and it will get better while training. But I think she's right. I think right now it's the worse it's ever been, which is really, really hard for me to admit. (Not to mention that I now have it in both feet, not just one.) Ugh, I'm super sad. I actually want to erase that whole paragraph so I don't have to even look at it in writing, that's how in denial I am. =(









No comments:
Post a Comment