I decided to see if I could imitate some of the strength moves that I was getting in my cycle/strength class on Saturday. So I spent 30 min doing that, plus some pushups and a 2 min 15 sec plank. I can tell the planking is getting easier. When I went from 2 min to 2 min 10 sec I thought I was going to die. However, adding more time doesn't seem to make it harder, it basically just stays at the same hardness.
Sunday I decided I was going to try to do a "long" run. (I remember when long runs were 10+ miles.) I have been missing the routes that I take on my long runs. They are very similar to my regular runs, I just add side streets or a trail here and there to try to make the distance go as high as I need. So because I knew it wasn't going to be a very long long run, I decided I would add just part of my long run route.
Of course, I started out too fast, and was thinking about mile 3 that it would just be a normal 4 or 5 mile run. However, by the time I got to mile 4 I had slowed down and was feeling very comfortable. I could turn one way and go 5 miles, or I could turn another and go 6 miles. So I went 6. It felt very comfortable and exactly what I needed.
I was worried about my foot aching again like it did on Saturday after 5 miles, but yesterday it felt great. So great in fact, that I went out for an easy 3 mile run. I love the weekends, it gives me time to actually go outside and run. I don't have to worry about getting home from work in time to beat the fast approaching sunset. (I realize yesterday was Monday, but I took it off because of having no daycare due to the holiday.)
This coming Friday I am getting a tattoo on my foot. I have wanted this tattoo for a long time, but have been scared of getting it because I've heard the foot hurts a lot. Also, I have put it off because it would mean I wouldn't be able to run for a while. I hurt my calf a year ago in the summer, and took a month off of running because of it. However, I didn't think of getting the tattoo then until I was starting to run again, and I didn't want to take more time off (although looking back it wouldn't have hurt me, I ended up having calf pain for a couple months longer). Anyway, I decided if I got hurt again and not be able to run, I would get the tattoo. And then of course the injury I got was plantar fasciitis, which requires shoes to be worn. Anyway, I decided I was just going to do it, so I scheduled it a few weeks ago.
![]() |
| What I am getting on my foot, with much more flowy lettering. |
Because of getting the tattoo and not being able to do much exercise, I've been thinking about tightening up my eating again. I'm not going to call it a cleanse, it's not really that, I don't think. But I'm going to eliminate carbs, sugar, and most fats. Lean meat (chicken, because I don't like fish) and lots and lots of fruits and vegetables. No breads, no candy, no potatoes, no pasta, very little dairy (I'm still thinking about drinking coffee, with the creamer I use {which has sugar}), and possibly no alcohol (maybe ONE glass of wine here or there). I only lasted 3 days last time, but this time, I'm going for 10. Ugh!
Today is a rest day. I'm thinking of doing the strength exercises again and of course I have to do my plank. I'm up to 2 min 25 sec. =)

You can make it on the 'tightened eating schedule'!!!! You have a reason to....you will be more motivated just knowing that you can't run!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the shoeless exercising!!!