Earlier today I didn't talk about my run. Yesterday I had what felt like an easy 3.86 mile run. I felt good the whole way, didn't feel too tired. When I got home and looked at my MapMyFitness app. my time was 9:04min/mile. That's fast! I don't know how I wasn't dying at the end of that. Today I ran 3.74 miles and was much slower than yesterday, 10:12min/mile. I waited till about 8pm to avoid the 70 degree weather. (I know, most of you are struggling through 100 degree weather, I'm a wimp.)
Today while I was running I passed a couple guys going out. As I passed I got a strong whiff of alcohol, it about knocked me over. When I was running back one of the guys said "got a light, ma'am?" I am running. I am wearing shorts and a tank top, does it look like I am carrying a lighter? Where would I even put it? lol!!
Tomorrow I am going to my parent's house in eastern WA. The last time I was there was the end of March. I like going over there more often, but with all of Damian's activities it just isn't possible. When I was there in March my sister and I walked to my Grandma's house, which is 2 miles one way. I don't know if I would be able to run that. We noticed when we were walking that the going back is a lot of uphill. I may run a different way instead. To the highway is 1 mile, so I could run that way and back and then to the half mile mark the opposite way from the highway. However, my parents live at the top of a hill, so no matter where I go, I will be finishing my run going uphill. I hate finishing my run going uphill.
You know (light bulb!) my dad has a treadmill . . . maybe I'll run on that. No hills and no heat! That sounds like a great plan. :-) It's been a long time since I ran on a treadmill. I don't know how it will be.
Next week (Friday) we are going camping. I am soooo excited for it! I get a whole 4 days off of work (Mon-Thurs). I did that because I always take my nephew for a week in the summer and I'm trying to save vacation hours for that week as well. 2 weeks off in the middle of the summer?? That is unheard of! :-) I am going to have to plan my running schedule while we are camping. And I read yesterday on the campground's website they don't have showers . . . that is going to be BAD! We will have to find some sort of water to wash my stinking self off!
I think summer has finally arrived here. Yesterday was a decent day. A little windy at times and cloudy in the morning, but overall okay. Today there isn't a cloud in the sky and the forecast for the next week is looking B.E.A.utiful!! :-) I almost want to cancel my trip to eastern WA so I can enjoy the sun here. But I know my parents are looking forward to me coming over with my kids, so I guess I will suck it up and head over there for their sunny (and hot) weather.
I am really, really hoping my dad feels good enough to get his boat out. I didn't get to go on it at all last year because I was pregnant the first part of summer and then had a newborn the rest of summer. However, he hasn't been feeling well, and on top of that he has had some pretty bad dental pain, so I don't know if we'll get to go on the water. I'm taking my swimsuit just in case though. ;-) Maybe even if we don't get to go on the boat, we can go to some water somewhere.

No comments:
Post a Comment