Thursday, June 1, 2017

Very busy

My trip to eastern Washington last week really put a cramp in my running.  I only ran 14 miles, two 5 mile runs and a 4 mile run.  I didn't even run many hills, just hills on my 4 mile run.  I also have not been going to the gym.  The last two months I haven't gotten reimbursed for my gym membership because I didn't go often enough (I have to go 12 times a month).  I've been doing more checking in and leaving, than actually checking in and working out.  I had been averaging working out (20 min on the elliptical or stairmaster) once a week, but even that tapered off totally this week.  I have debated about canceling my membership completely but in the fall my sister and I talked about going back to spin class and a membership is cheaper than a weekly drop in fee, even without the reimbursement. 

This week my running miles will suffer as well.  I did do a 9 mile run on Sunday, which was hilly, and then 4 miles on Tuesday, but yesterday I walked with my sister and today I'm getting a massage.  Which means tomorrow and Saturday are the only two days left to run. 

Have I mentioned that my son is graduating a week from tomorrow?  I don't know how that is possible.  Seriously, he was just my little boy.  How is it that he is so big now?

2009 San Juan
2013 San Juan
Sunday on a hike
 This last weekend (Memorial Day weekend) was gorgeous outside.  We had 80 degree weather and I loved every minute of it.  I spent a lot of time outside working on our backyard.  Damian's graduation party is going to be in our backyard and I have been trying to get it cleaned up and looking nice.  I think, other than just general pick up from Maddox playing, it is as good as it's going to get. 

I even made a firepit, which looks amazing! And finally finished the planter area around my mailbox.  I had other plans for my backyard, a bench, some lights, maybe a swing made out of my old papasan chair, but I don't think any of those things will happen, unfortunately.

This weekend will be working inside to clean the house.  My parents are coming next Thursday for the weekend, and Chris's family from eastern WA are coming on Friday.  I also need to get an 11 mile run done this weekend and 12 next for the San Juan Half (otherwise known as Death Half {my new name for it}) which is the 18th, the weekend after Damian graduates.  I did not plan very well. . .

Also on the 18th is Maddox's birthday and Father's day, and we will be camping.  So that will be a very interesting weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how long I've been reading your blog...but seriously...I don't feel like he's old enough to graduate either!!!!!!

    Your fire pit and planter look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete