Saturday, April 8, 2017

Long Beach 2017

Last weekend we went to Long Beach with my parents and my sisters.  I don't really know how to talk about my weekend.  Nothing exciting happened, and nothing bad happened, it just wasn't my favorite family vacation.  I don't really know why. I love my family, but last weekend I just felt antisocial.  Maybe it was because of the drama with my sister before we left (the one that didn't go).  It might have been because my niece (the daughter of the sister that didn't go) went and was more than a little clingy.  It isn't so bad when she's the only one hanging on you, but I also had my son, Maddox, who only ever wants Mommy.  Thankfully my sister, Nancy, was there (she's the one that lives close and I see often) and my niece liked to hang on her too.  If I had been the only one she was hanging on, I would have gone crazy.

We did our normal stuff, antique store shopping and going in and out of the tourist stores.  We went back to a house that we've been a couple times, but this year they had a new hot tub, something we weren't expecting.  Saturday we went looking for swimsuits and thankfully found one.  Swimsuits in a tourist town are expensive.

I think I'll just do a photo dump.







Bottom left is my sister and her husband, they were standing
looking out the window and my brother-in-law saw I was about
to take a picture so he put his hand down.  I snapped, and my
sister yelled at him.  =) I thought it was funny.
I'm not sure why there are very few pictures of my Mom.  I guess there aren't that many of my dad either, but I went for a walk with him so got one with the two of us.  =)

When we got home on Monday I went for a run.  It was a beautiful day and I was itching to go run the whole trip home.  I was really happy that I didn't miss the sun.  I ended up running along the river about sunset time, which was perfect.  =)

This picture doesn't do it justice, but while I was running my shadow looked pregnant.  I was so bloated from the salt and eating out all weekend.

This week didn't feel like I was very active but after looking at mapmyrun, I did something every day.  Monday run, Tuesday I went to the gym and lifted weights, Wednesday was a 4 mile run, Thursday was a 5 mile walk with my sister, back to the gym on Friday for leg day, and today was the Tulip run (5 miles).  Not a ton of running, only 13 miles, but maybe I'm too focused on my mileage.

I'll write another post about the Tulip Run (which I almost forgot to register for).

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you were feeling antisocial on the weekend with your family (course that was all probably tied to the clingy niece!). It looks like you still had a nice time. :-)

    ReplyDelete