Friday, December 23, 2016

Snow!

Merry Christmas!  I know it's early, but this will be my last post before Christmas, so I thought I would wish everyone (the 2 of you) a Merry Christmas.  ; ) 

I have had a busy couple of weeks.  My weekends are full, and I don't feel like I sit down for 2 days.  Then I go to work, actually, I feel like work has been a break from the busyness of home.    This last weekend I ran 10 miles.  It was a good run and I didn't feel too tired at all.  I had to try a new fuel, Honey Stinger Waffles, because the gummies I usually get the running store didn't have.  I didn't really care for the waffles.  It was huge, and very dry.  I like the little gummies that I can shove 3 in my mouth and keep going.  The waffle I felt I had to stop, break it in half and it took several bites to eat even half of it, plus it was dry.

The other bad thing, is it's a one run thing, the gummies I think I got 2 runs out of one package.  So now I need to go find something for my long run tomorrow.  Maybe I'll buy some gummy bears, I used those a couple times. 
I am now using both my old Garmin, and Mapmyrun to track my runs.  The problem with my Garmin is that to stop and start the time, I have to push a button.  Mapmyrun has the option for an automatic stop if you're not moving for a few seconds.  When I ate the waffle I stopped the clock on my Garmin for a min, and then forgot to restart it.  I noticed after less than half a mile, but the damage was done.  Then I warred (is that a word, and if so, is that how you spell it?) with myself on whether or not I should run until my Garmin said 10 miles, or stop at a true 10 miles.  I decided to stop, although, Mapmyrun app is off, and gets more off the longer I run, so I went over what the app said to make sure I had  10 miles. 

I was in the shower after my run and my feet hurt and I kept thinking how nice a bath will sound later . . . and then I decided, why am I waiting to take a bath.  So I filled the tub, but I was hungry so I sent Damian to get Subway and I ate my Subway in the tub.  It was one of the best sandwiches I've had.  ; ) 

I haven't noticed an increase in my speed doing the MAF running that I talked about a few weeks ago.  I've been doing it a month, the recommendation is to do it for 12 weeks to see real results, and it's only been about 3 weeks, so I'll keep doing it.  It's sad to see the low speed for me, but really it isn't changing much about my running, other than I'm gone longer.  I feel like it's easier to run, and I'm often a little embarrassed to walk up hills, but it doesn't really impact much else so I'll keep doing it and see what happens long term. 

As I type this there are big, fat flakes of snowing falling outside my window.  It's really pretty, but I'm getting slightly concerned about the roads and the idiots that live in this area. 
 
We're headed to eastern Washington on Monday to see our families.  It's gonna be a short trip, we come back on Wednesday.  Neither Chris nor I have very much time off to take.  I don't know what happened, I used to take a full week off at Christmas, a full week for Spring Break and a full week in the summer.  I haven't been able to do that for several years now.  I hate it.
 
One thing about the snow today, if it continues, it'll be a snowy run this evening.  I'm kinda looking forward to it.  I've wanted to run in the snow for years, last year I was able to run on snowy ground at my parents' house, but never while it was snowing.  Hopefully I don't fall and kill myself . . . a waterproof jacket would sure be nice tonight.  I hope I get one on Sunday.
 
All this snow we're getting right now is supposed to be gone by tomorrow afternoon, so that's sad, but I'm happy that I get to enjoy how pretty it is now. 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!!!!!

    Didja get your snowy run in???

    I am sooo going to have to check out that feature on mapmyrun!!! I wasn't aware!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, MaryFran, by the time I got home it had quit snowing. :-(

      Delete
  2. I will second the Merry Christmas!!
    Did you get a good winter/waterproof jacket?

    It sounds like your new training is going well. Much better than the months off waiting for your ankle to heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I got a nice jacket, but not a running one.

      Delete