Thursday, September 8, 2016

Ramblings of an obsessed person

February 2013, that was the last time I weighed as much as I do now.  Honestly, I'm not sure how I gained so much weight in 4 months.  So what do I need to do?  I'm not sure.  Cut out the crap in my diet and start running again.  When I think about it, I lost weight very slowly.  The first time I lost these 13 lbs it took me a year.  And to get to my lowest recorded weight of 141 (I actually got down to 139, but never on an official weigh day) it took me another year and 8 months.  That's 2 and a half years to lose the weight I gained in 4 months. 

I am swimming 2 days a week.  I am doing a cycle class every Wednesday.  And the last 2 weeks I've been running one day on the weekend, other than this week when I ran on Monday as well. 

As I told you last week, I joined LA Fitness.  Yesterday I had a meeting, well, I don't know what they called it.  I thought it was a free session with a trainer that you get with your membership, but then the guy said he wasn't actually a trainer.  He took my heart rate, and my body fat percentage, which is high.  Then put me through a few fitness "tests" to see how fit I was.  3 min of steps, 40 squats (super easy, he was looking at my form because he said at 40 you start to deteriorate squats, but he said I was still strong) as many pushups as I could (I got 20, which impressed me, I think that was above average), wall sits (only 38 seconds or so, which was average), a plank (1 min 12 sec, again impressive, and according to him was good). My resting heart rate was high (72).  I took my resting heart rate just now and it was 56, he said average was 60 and a fit person is 40.  My active heart rate was 124 after 3 min of steps, which he said was poor, but after the fitness "test" I did a cycle class and took my active heart rate again and it was 112. 

After the "test" he took me over to the weights and had me do some arm weights.  We didn't do very much because I wanted to get to the cycle class.  And it actually left me with more questions than anything else.  Of course the whole point of it is to get you to sign up with a trainer, which I'm actually thinking about.  It's rather expensive for me, but I wonder if I do 2 a month for a few months to kind of figure out what to do weight training wise, if that would help kick start my body into losing some weight.

I've been thinking that a gym membership is good.  I can cross train and I can do some weights, both of which I've never really done.  Once I start running regularly again, I may stop swimming and go to the gym during lunch to do weights instead, plus the Wednesday cycle class, which I really enjoy.  As long as I go to the gym 12 times in a month, I get part of my monthly membership fee reimbursed by my healthcare plan.  But to really learn the weights, or even the machines, I'm wondering if I should have a trainer.  I've always wanted one, but they are expensive. 

My ankle is feeling okay.  I think the fear of the pain, or of reinjuring it is worse than it actually is.  I'm going out of town this weekend with my sister.  We're going to Leavenworth for the Wine Walk, which we've been doing for the last 2 (this will be 3) years.  It's a blast, but I won't be able to run.  I will be doing a lot of walking . . . so I will definitely wear my brace. 

Next week I am thinking I may start running regularly again. I'd like to see how my ankle does, but I really don't want to make it linger any longer than it already is. 

Well, I've rambled enough today.  Maddox started Kindergarten this week.  He's such a cute kid.  =)  Damian started school last week. Funny that he wore the same shirt on his first day of school and on Maddox's first day of school.  I just noticed that in the pictures.  =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment