Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Random Read

Sometimes I feel like writing, and sometimes I don't.  And then there are days like today where feel like writing but don't know what to say.  I suppose I will talk about running.  ; )

Last week I ran 21 miles, even without my long run.  I only did 6 miles last week for my "long run" because of Easter and then I ran 5 miles 3 days.  One day I got off work early and Damian had the car, so I walked to the daycare to get Maddox.  That turned out to be about 3.5 miles, which was a little more than I expected, but no big deal. 

This last Sunday I only ran 5 miles, so not a long run at all.  In fact, as I sit here right now, I only have run 8.5 miles all week.  I just didn't feel like running on Sunday.  We went grocery shopping and then went to Lowes for flowers and stuff.  What I really wanted to do was plant my flowers, but I forced myself to go for a 5 mile run, and then I planted my flowers. 
I have 4 of these planter "boxes" that I haven't used since I moved from Lynnwood (almost 10 years).  There wasn't a good spot in our first house in Mount Vernon, and last year we moved and had no money for any flowers.  Anyway, Chris only "allowed" me to buy 2 of the liners, so I have to wait to get more.  But that's okay, I'm super happy with the flowers I did get.  I noticed that a lot of the flowers I normally get weren't available so I'm wondering if I was a little early.  I've never bought flowers so early in the year, I'm usually pretty late with them.  =) 

Then yesterday I didn't want to run either. Seems to be a theme lately, but I "forced" myself to go for a short run at least.  I ran 3.5 miles, but that means I have to run today and tomorrow. =/  Saturday is the Tulip Run, so I'm doing that, and then my sister is coming up to Mt. Vernon for the afternoon, then I'm supposed to do "girl's night" with coworkers in Oak Harbor.  I don't really want to do that, but I know if I don't I'll regret it.  It's always fun and it would suck to come back on Monday and they're all talking about it and I skipped it. 

My Mom is coming into town next week because I don't have daycare for 3 days, so she's going to watch Maddox for me.  While she's here, she's going to let us borrow my dad's pickup that she's bringing over so that we can get dirt for my vegetable garden.  I'm very excited about that.  =)

It was so nice last weekend.  Thursday or Friday was in the 70's and Saturday and Sunday were almost as nice.  This week, tomorrow in fact, it's supposed to be close to 80.  I'm so looking forward to that!  I don't know if I'll get more flowers this weekend, I'd like to, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. 

I was thinking about why I have wanted to increase my distance.  I'm not training for anything right now, so there's no reason to "train" for higher mileage.  And it dawned on me that the reason I have been thinking about it so much is because over the summer I lost about 5 lbs while training for my marathon, and after my marathon I gained it back. Of course, it was the holidays and I actually gained about 10 lbs.  Thankfully I've lost the "extra" 5, but I'd like to get back to my October weight.  I know it's silly, and only 5 lbs, my clothes all still fit, although a little tighter.  Anyway, somehow I decided that running more would help me lose the weight again.   It might, but I'm not extremely happy running 5 days a week anymore. 

The other thought I have as to why I wanted to increase my distance is speed.  Like I've said before, when I was running 5 miles a day with one long run, I was at my fastest and had all of my PR's.  And I would like to be faster.  But I suppose if I was really serious about that, I'd do some speed work.  I don't know if that is going to happen though. 

I got an email today about Bloomsday saying that the deadline for registering for it is next week.  I did not realize it was so soon.  So I started looking at other races coming up and I couldn't find the half marathon in June that I was going to do.  So now I have to find a race in June, unless they are still planning it, just not have it up on their website. . .  There is a Run or Wine 5k that I may do . . . we'll see. 

1 comment:

  1. I have not run lately. I keep telling myself it is because it's still cold. We shall see when the weather turns nice again!

    ReplyDelete