Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A whole 2 weeks

I missed the anniversary of my blog or "blogiversary."  Do I care?  Not really.  I wrote a pretty good (well, I think so) post on my running anniversary, "runiversary," so it's no big deal.  But I started blogging not very long after I started running 4 years ago. 

I forgot to post anything last week, including anything about the Big Climb.  Oops! 

The Big Climb was fun.  I did it with 8 coworkers.  They have 2 different ways to do it, one is to race to the top, and the other is to just climb.  I would have liked to race it, but my coworkers (well, the group) did not sign up for that side.  So I walked it, but it was still not easy.  It was easier than I expected, but I didn't die, and I felt very little side effects from it afterwards.  I feel like a long run is much more difficult. 

I did it in about 18 and a half min.  I'm not completely sure the time.  I set my mapmyrun app but forgot to change it to "stairs" mode, so running up stairs and not moving much in actual distance (only vertically) means that it thought I wasn't moving, so it paused.  I didn't notice it until I was done.  One of my coworkers, who was using the same app, and behind me by a couple min said hers said she did it in 20 min, so I subtracted a min and a half and said I did it in 18 and a half min.  But I really don't know.  I know I was faster than 20 min.  ; )

Anyway, I was first from my group to the top.  I was also first to start, but I didn't take any breaks, and I passed others, plus, I lost the 2 people I had originally intended to walk with.  The one person that might have done it faster than me, I don't know how far behind me she started. They only let one person in the stairwell at a time, about 30 seconds behind the person in front of you.  So she could have started 4 min behind me, and done it faster than me, she didn't time herself, so I'll never know.  Not like it's a big deal anyway.  I'm probably too obsessed with time. 
At the bottom before starting
Outside looking up, waiting for my
turn to go in the stairwell
view from the top of the Columbia Tower
My coworker group.

 Last week was Damian's first track meet.  I've never watched a track meet before.  The school I went to was so tiny (seriously, I graduated in a class of 14 kids, the entire Jr/Sr High {combined school} had 100 kids) that it didn't have track.  I always wanted it.  I would have loved to have done cross country, but I didn't.  And I've never been to one.  My sister said that track meets are kinda boring and she always brings a book, but I thought it was sorta fascinating.   Anyway, Damian did long jump, javelin, and pole vault.  The only one I took a picture of was the pole vault.
It's a pretty cool picture. . .if you can
enlarge it, Damian is in the air in
the middle of the picture.
Saturday was a beautiful day here.  I thoroughly enjoyed doing nothing.  I went for a 5 mile run and then couldn't bear to go back inside.  So instead I grabbed some wine (it was after noon . . . about 12:05) ; ) and went out to our deck and just enjoyed the sun.  It was a little windy, but thankfully the house was blocking the wind, so I pretty much just dealt with 70ish degrees (it wasn't really that warm, but without the wind and with the sun reflection on the house it was close in my yard).  =)
This week, because it was Easter and we had plans (well, our morning plans were breakfast and mimosa's) I only ran 6 miles for my "long" run.  I also woke up at 7:20 and was out the door by 7:30, which is something I don't normally like to do, but I figured it was better to just do it.  I knew if I waited I wouldn't want to and other things would get in the way and I would end up skipping it. 

I am missing my long hair. 
Sunday we went to my sister's house for Easter.  We had dinner and a small Easter egg hunt for Maddox.  It was a good day.

Last week I only ran 15 miles.  I didn't do a long run because of the Big Climb.  I could have, but didn't want to.  I did increase my weekly mileage to 5 miles a day so that I could get as many miles as possible.  However, I skipped the Wednesday run.  I don't have any real reason why I am trying to increase the number of days I run other than that is what I used to do.  I don't think that's a good enough reason.  However, I did do a workout on the treadmill.  It included squats, lunges, jumps, and an uphill walk.  Seriously, my legs hurt for almost a week (well, 4 days, but that's close to a week, right?). 

I will probably do 5 miles tonight, and tomorrow I'm skipping my run again because I have a hair appt.  It's supposed to be really nice this week, especially towards the end of the week, so I will likely do 5 miles on Thursday as well. 
I hope you all had a good Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I would be obsessed about the times on the Big Climb! I'm just that way ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete