Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Time for a new career?

You know you have an off the wall career when weird things happen and you're not even phased. . .

Sometimes I ride the bus to work (sorta to work).  It's 100 miles a day when I drive my own car, so for the last few months I've started riding the bus 2 or 3 times a week.  A coworker picks me up at the bus station and takes me to my office and then drives me back in the evening after work.  It saves miles and wear and tear on my car, and I get to know my coworkers a little better.  It doesn't take any longer to ride the bus than it does to drive, so it works out good.  It's only a little inconvenient in the evening when I have to wait 20-30 min at the bus stop. 

Anyway, this morning I was walking up to my coworkers car and a guy was standing right at her passenger door trying to stare into her tinted windows. She rolled down the window and said something and he left.  I got in.  I didn't hear what was going on, but I asked her what he said, she said he was saying "how much? how much?"  She told him to leave.

We laughed about it.  Then I thought about it, it didn't phase either one of us.  This guy was asking my coworker for drugs, and we just laughed at it.  I don't know how people in different professions react to that type of thing.  That's not the strangest/weirdest thing to happen to me. 

Anyway, not much else going on here this week.  We had a chill weekend.  No Seahawks to root for.  =( But still kept an eye on the football games.
I ran hills on Saturday again, I was thinking I'd add one hill repeat to make it 11, but I pushed myself hard for the 10 I normally do and I didn't have it in me to do one more.  Well, I probably did.  I probably slacked off, but I was really dead. My legs are still sore.  I also ran 6 miles on Sunday.  I am thinking I'm going to increase my miles again, but I'm thinking I'll start with adding a mile to my mid-week runs and then start increasing my long runs again.  Once upon a time I was doing 5 miles 4 days a week with a long run on Sunday.  I don't know if I'll go back to that, but I would like to do more.  I like (but really hate) the hills on Saturday, so I'll keep that.  I'd like to get faster.  Once upon a time I was doing 8 min/miles for 5 miles.  I can't right now, but maybe someday. 

I've pretty much decided I'm going to do another marathon.  Just which one is the question.  Probably another fall one, there's one in September (I think) in my home area, or I could do the Tri-Cities one again.  I really did like that one, it was beautiful.  Both that I'm contemplating are flat.  Who knows, maybe I'll do both.  ; )
From a walk we did on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha to not being phased by the guy trying to buy drugs.

    I knew talk about the next marathon would reappear before too long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like child birth, gotta give yourself some time to forget the pain before having another. 😉

      Delete