Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A post about my weight

Have I mentioned that I lost a little weight when I was marathon training?  I was just looking at my weigh ins for the last year and I forgot that last summer I gained some weight back.  I wasn't working, and was doing a lot of family stuff.  For whatever reason, when I don't work I gain weight.  We don't keep much snack food in our house, and last summer we were extremely tight on money because I wasn't working, so it's odd to think that I was able to eat enough to gain weight, but I did. 

I wasn't weighing myself regularly but my records show that when I did weigh myself a year ago I was in the 150's.  I also wasn't running in October and November of last year.  I was letting my foot/feet heal from plantar faciitis.  I was going to a spin class at the YMCA and did a little yoga, but running has always been my go-to exercise and the only one that I have been able to maintain doing for a long period of time. 

I started working in December of last year and almost immediately my weight started going down again.  I also started running a little, a very little.  Maybe the running was why I started losing weight again, I don't know, but I did.  I had been at around 145 for a long time, I tend to plateau at a weight for long periods of time and then suddenly lose several lbs, usually when I change something up. 

Well, I noticed in August that my weight was going down again.  I am not obsessive about weighing every morning anymore, and I have changed my official weigh days to the first of the month, but I do weigh myself regularly, at least once a week.  Anyway, I was excited to see the numbers falling again, and then at the middle of October I was the lowest I have been in my adult life, 141.  I even saw 139 once (after a long run, not a true weight). 

Over the summer I went to Value Village with my sister and bought a bunch of size 8 pants.  I was excited to be in size 8, the first time since high school that I've been able to wear that size.  Anyway, recently I have not been able to wear any of my size 8's without a belt.  I can take all of them off without unbuttoning them.  So when I took Damian to Goodwill a month ago to get jeans, I decided I wanted to try a pair of size 6 pants.  I told myself I wasn't going to buy any, I just wanted to see.  They fit.  They were $4.  I bought them.  For the first time in my life (including high school) I am wearing a size 6.  How crazy is that??
Size 6 pants
I am still not running.  My feet have been feeling pretty good.  I even walked around yesterday without shoes on purpose to see how they would feel and they actually feel pretty good.  But I don't want to push it, I don't want to have to take 2 months off again, so I'm waiting.  I may try an easy 3 miles this Saturday and see.  I want to be running by 11/14 because there is a 5k that I want to run.  I'm probably going to walk it if I can't run, although walking often hurts as much as running in the long run anyway. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the jeans. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hooo!!!!!! That is awesome about the jeans! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete