Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Weekend update

This last  weekend was not as nice weather-wise as we have been having.  It started on Saturday with wind and rain in the morning and continued most of the day.  Sunday there was less wind but more rain.

My sister Nancy made plans to come up on Saturday to watch Damian do his robotics competition, but then we found out that he had a baseball jamboree and he wanted to do that more, so we still planned to hang out.  We were going to go for a walk with Maddox afterwards.

With the weather not so great, Damian's baseball was canceled, so we were back to robotics, just a later start.  And we decided to see if we could get a babysitter and go watch a movie afterwards instead of the walk. 
Damian spent Friday night at a friend's house so I knew I wouldn't get a run in the morning, but I was hoping someone would be home early enough in the afternoon, after Nancy left, to run.  I didn't think about the fact that we were going to go see a 2 hour movie at 3pm (we saw Cinderella, and it was really, really good).  I got home about 5:30 (after running to the store) and realized that I wouldn't be able to run until after dinner.
Between getting home and cooking Maddox and I went outside
for a few min and he promptly found a puddle and went
"swimming."
It was so hard to actually go run.  I don't like running immediately after eating so I was going to cook dinner (hamburgers) for everyone and then go run and then come home and cook my own after I showered.  Seriously, it was hard to leave the house for the run.  I don't mind running in the evening on the week days when I don't get home till 5:30 or 6, but I do enjoy running earlier in the day on the weekend.  But I ran.  It was hard to get out the door and I was so tempted to skip it but I just kept thinking that I only run 3 days a week right now, and to miss one means quite a lot to me, so I got out to run.
Sunday . . . another tale of a late run.  Damian still had robotics, so he did that and I had to wait.  Thankfully he was done earlier than Saturday and I was able to go for my run around 4pm.  I ran 5.24 miles.  There was nothing overly note worthy about the run, it was to the river and back, the route I found a couple weeks ago.  =)

I'm not feeling good today, I'm not sure if it's just a head cold or the flu.  My back hurts and I have achy legs, but I did a bunch of squats over the weekend so my legs could be from that and I didn't sleep well last night, so my back could be from my crappy bed. . . or I could be in denial and actually be sick.  I feel like I've been sick since New Year's.  I had strep throat for several weeks (no insurance = no antibiotics) right after New Year's and then several different colds/sore throats since then.  I'll get better for a week and then get something else.  I'm done with it, I'm never sick and it feels like I've been sick for 3+ months in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment