Wednesday, March 25, 2015

No pain!

Yesterday I was at work and my coworker/officemate was talking about her weekend.  Her daughter was in town and they went to Pike Place Market in Seattle, she said they had a bunch of vegetables and she found some purple asparagus.  I asked her if purple asparagus tasted the same as regular asparagus and she said it has a higher sugar content so is a little sweeter and should be roasted, not steamed.  Anyway, I said that I don't care for asparagus even though I try it all the time and she was surprised.  She said "since you eat super healthy" and I don't remember anything after that.  I love that she said I eat super healthy.  I don't think I do, but it's so fantastic to me that she thought that.

I am not a huge weight loss success story.  I never will be, even if I lose another 10 lbs (which is doubtful).  I was never over 200 lbs and I have lost (I almost typed "only") 30 lbs, and kept it off for awhile now.  I was wondering if I should put myself in maintenance.  I mean, I don't want 147 to be my permanent number, but I seriously haven't gone lower than that. I have been at 147(ish) for a year now.  (I just looked at my scale obsession page and realized I haven't updated it at all this year.)  But maybe my body likes this weight and I won't lose more.  I don't think I look bad.  I'm wearing a size 8, which is the smallest size I've ever worn (I wore it in high school even though I was 15 lbs lighter).  I wonder what sized I'd be if I lost another 15lbs.  I doubt I'll ever find out.

Last week I felt horrible.  Like really, really horrible.  I worked all week, but wished I could have stayed home.  Because I felt so bad,  I didn't run on Wednesday, my normal run day.  By Friday I was feeling better so I decided to go for a run (which I probably shouldn't have, because of my very wet cough).  I ran 3 miles on the treadmill because I was home alone with Maddox.  Then Saturday I decided I wanted to run my usual schedule, so I ran another 3 miles.  And on Sunday, I did 5 miles.  I did not run any more miles than I normally do, but what is unusual about this is that I ran 3 days in a row.  And what is spectacular about that is that I have NO PAIN in my feet.  NONE.  ZERO. ZILCH.  No twinges, no ache, no discomfort.  Nothing.
\
To say that I am beyond thrilled about this is an understatement.  Maybe, just maybe there is a light at the end of this horrible pit called plantar faciitis.  =)

So I decided the best way to celebrate this is to increase the days that I run.  Starting this week my plan is to run 4 days instead of three.  My daily miles are going to go down to "only" 3 miles a day (I was doing 3.5-4.5) and a 5 mile weekend run.  That will bring my weekly mileage up to 14 miles from 12.  I guess we'll see how my feet are doing next week.
The view on my run on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment