Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Miles

Sigh . . . the Super Bowl wasn't so super for me.  But, one thing I know is that I love Russell Wilson (he's the Seahawks quarterback, if you don't know).  I think he's super classy and I hope that the fame and the money doesn't change him.

Anyway, the seasons over and I am sad that I won't get to watch more football.  Football season is so short. I mean baseball goes practically from the end of football all the way to the start of football.  And it's soooo boring.  However, Damian is a baseball fan, so I told Chris that I think we should make an effort to watch it with him.  ugh.  ; )

Enough sports . . . I really don't have a ton to say today.  I ran 40.5 miles in January.  That is up from 31 in December, 4 in November, and 0 in October.  However, in January of 2014 it was 100 miles.  BUT I am running, and I can't look at where I was, I have to focus on where I am.  I am happy that I am running, I am happy that I can run, and I am happy that it was 40 miles in January.  

I did not eat well on Sunday.  I knew ahead of time that I was not going to eat well.  I planned it.  However, looking back, I don't think I ate as terribly as I had planned.  Oh, I definitely ate crap food, breaded, fried food.  And it was good.  And I don't regret it.

 My weight didn't reflect it yesterday, but it definitely reflected it today.  I was up to 149 today, which is interesting because yesterday I was down in the 146 range.  But I'm okay with it.  I know it's a momentary reflection of my crappy food, I went back to eating healthier yesterday and will trust that my weight will go back down.  

Of course, today's gain may be because I (finally) started my period.  (3 days late, which had me freaking out quite a bit.)  I always am low right before my period and then I go up a little during it, so I guess we'll see how I look next week.

Last week my feet were bothering me more than they have for awhile so instead of running on Friday I took an extra day off and ran on Saturday.  However, that threw off my plan for Sunday, which was a 4 mile run.  I decided that I needed to run on Sunday in order to burn off some of the food I was planning on eating, so I ran anyway.  I don't like running two days in a row right now because of my feet, but I also felt like I needed to run, so I did.  And my feet haven't bothered me at all.  Strange.

I have been trying to work on strengthening my butt and hips and thighs, things I've heard tend to be weak in runners, so I've been doing squats with a rock (I didn't know where my kettleball was and the rock was handy, I weighed it, it's 11 lbs) and sometimes lunges.  I've also been doing a couple exercises that my physical therapist told me to do a year ago for my hips.  And a funny thing happened . . . I got faster.  =)  A year ago I was regularly running at around a 8:30 min mile (I just looked, on January 5th, 2014, I ran 7.5 miles and averaged 9.16 min/mile, that's good).  Anyway, I have been averaging around 9:30 min/mile lately.  On Saturday was my first under 9min/mile run in forever.  And then Sunday was just over 9 min/miles.  It feels good to be getting back to what I was.  

getting ready for some football
we were still in high spirits here
crashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment