Thursday, September 18, 2014

Leavenworth and a birthday

No, I haven't fallen off the edge of the world.  I'm still doing all the same stuff.  Running around 15 miles a week, looking for a job, etc.

Last weekend I went to Leavenworth with my sister and had a great time.  We were going to do a wine tasting, but that was already booked.  Then I found out that they had a wine walk on Saturday so we decided to do that.  It was a lot of fun.  I almost think it was more fun because we got to taste a lot more wines than if we had gone to a couple wineries for tasting, and we could shop at the same time because the wine tasting was spread out throughout downtown Leavenworth.  I think it's kind of a brilliant thing if you think about it.  All these wine drinkers getting tipsy and then spending way more money in all the shops.  =)

Nancy does not drink.  The only time she drinks is when she is on vacation, so she is a lightweight.  She is seriously funny when she drinks.  We were both feeling the affects at about 1pm (the walk started at 12) so we slowed down and ate some gelato and then did more shopping and less drinking (don't get me wrong, we still did a lot of drinking, just slowed down).  It was a lot of fun. 



Tuesday was Damian's birthday.  Let me rephrase that, Tuesday was Damian's 16th birthday.  I blew up his newsfeed on facebook by posting old pictures of him all day.  It was a lot of fun looking at old pictures. 

Here is just a couple of the many I posted.



And here he is on Tuesday.



Chris has been working 6 days a week for a couple months, and he is the one that makes the birthday dinners because he is good at it.  (Both Damian and I like crab, lobster, and shrimp dinners on our birthdays, even though Chris doesn't like seafood.)  Anyway, because Chris has been working so much I didn't want to ask him to cook and I would screw it up, so we went to Outback for dinner.  And totally wasted the cake I spent all day making for him.  (literally all.day.).

No comments:

Post a Comment