Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Camping

I was going to post on Monday, but got lazy.  Then yesterday I tried to get all my pictures from last week on my computer so I could post about last week's camping trip, but I'm having problems with that, so I didn't post yesterday.  This morning I am sitting outside in my . . . I don't know what to call it . . .

And I felt the urge to get on here whether my pictures would load to my computer or not.  =)

So much has gone on the last week, it's hard to know where to start. . .  Last week we did a last minute camping trip to Fort Ebey.  It is a very close camping ground to our house, well, "very" isn't the right word, but it's only about 45 min away.  We have a very small car and there are 4 of us, and I don't know if you've ever been camping, but you need a lot of stuff when you go camping, so we had to be very creative with our packing.
Poor Damian had a tote on his lap
the whole way.
I had no where to put my feet.
We were there from Tuesday to Friday and it was a great trip. 
 
We set up our tents in approved areas.  =)  (The "no tents" sign was for behind where D set up his tent, but we thought it was funny to set it up so close to the sign.)
I relaxed with my redneck wine glass, and Chris cooked . . . exactly how a camping trip should be. =)
We went hiking everyday, although the first day was the longest. 
We were really glad to see this sign to warn us not to fall.

I would really like to get a backpack carrier for Maddox, but the trails were easy and he could walk most of the time.  However, he got tired and I carried him for about half of all the hikes.



The second day we hiked to a lake and it was filled with mosquitos, so we didn't stay long.  That was actually a fairly short hike, but we were all a little worn out by the long hike we had done the day before so it was okay.

I did do some squats.  =) And was surprised to see I could squat Damian.
Damian does this plank thing with his feet up in the air.  He wanted one with the sunset behind him, but I took those on his phone so he could post it on Facebook.
Maddox was so impressed with Damian's "planks" that he decided he needed to do them too.  =)

We enjoyed the sunsets as a family.


And the fire. . .
Some of us enjoyed it so much we refused to go to bed when we were falling asleep . . . I swear, he can sleep anywhere.

All in all, it was a great trip and we had a blast.  We were so tired when we got home on Friday that we didn't do anything at all for the 4th of July.  Which is saying something, because that is Chris's favorite holiday. 

And the best news of all?? Yesterday I received this in the mail.

I am so excited I can't wait to go running today!  =)

I will try to update you more often now that I've got a routine going at home.  Although, this routine just happened yesterday and today because we've been so  busy. 

I need to get my coffee in my body and some food and water so I can run before it gets tooooo hot.  I hope you all are having a great summer!!  =)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment