Friday, March 21, 2014

Random thoughts

I haven't talked about it at all on here, but I've had some issues with one of my sisters since before Christmas.  She is upset with me and another of my sisters for several reasons that I feel are not my fault or the fault of my other sister that she is mad at.  I think (she'd never admit it though) that her biggest problem with us is that she views us as successful and happy, and she is not.  I don't want to go into any details, but through emails many things were said by all three of us that hurt each other's feelings and she quit talking to me and my other sister.




I have been really sad about this.  It was especially sad in Feb when my youngest sister came to WA from North Carolina for a visit and she wouldn't come see us when we were all together.  She refused to go to Long Beach with my family, and she refused to get the family tattoo that we all got.  I have been so sad and upset about it lately that I have started dreaming about her and then when I wake up and realize that we are still not talking, I get even more sad. 




Anyway, Wednesday I wrote an email to her.  I don't feel like I apologized (I really don't feel like I have anything to apologize for) but I wanted to let her know that I understand she is hurt and would like to make things better between us.  I spent at least an hour writing it, and then I let it sit overnight and I read and re-read it (for about an hour) yesterday morning.  I finally sent it.  I don't know what to expect from her.  I hope that the email didn't offend her more and I hope that she responds in some way to me.  Even if it is in anger, which would be better than the silence.



Anyway, that has been on my mind for awhile now, and I think writing the email really helped get it out of my head. 
Top picture: Barbara, Cathy (me), Nancy, Tami
Well, I did not run on Wednesday, but I did run yesterday, 4.77 miles.  I am planning to run today and tomorrow, which would mean 6 days this week.  I may skip one of the days (I don't normally run 6 days) but I have been enjoying the runs, so I keep doing them.  If I run today and tomorrow, 4 miles, I will have run 29 miles this month.  I am happy with that.  If I only run 4 miles each day, 27 for the week, and if I only run one day, 5 miles, that puts me at 24.  All numbers I'm happy with.  =)  Puts me right at where I need to be to get 100 miles in March.



I can definitely tell I need new shoes.  I have been getting blisters and right now I have some pretty strong shin splints.  I may go today and get some.  I don't really have the money, but I don't think I can wait 2 weeks. 



I don't think I've mentioned, I've been so focused on food and weight on here that I keep forgetting, but I started waking up about 15 min early every weekday morning and doing some stretching.  I have a hard time some mornings getting up, but for the most part I've been very successful with it.  I definitely enjoy it, but am frustrated that it takes so long to be "flexible."  I guess I just need to keep with it. 

3 comments:

  1. I hope and pray that the email to your sister is well received and that you two can work past whatever is between you. Kudos to you for being the one to reach out to her,shows the strength of your character!

    Take care of those feet...get the new shoes asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about sibling issues, unfortunately. I hope yours get resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I still haven't heard from my sister, but I feel better having written the email.

    ReplyDelete