Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Today

Well, my week has been rather slow.  I have a whole lot of nothing to talk about today. 

Monday I went for a 5 mile run.  I started out thinking I'd do 5 miles, but when the time came to decide on 4 or 5, I decided on 4, and then halfway through the last mile I decided to do 5 after all, so I had to do some weaving around in the neighborhood behind my house to get to 5 miles.  =)  It turned out good.

I got home and we watched some Monday Night Football.  We are big Seahawks fans here, and not just cause they are winning this year.  I haven't always been a football fan but in the last 5 or 6 years I've started watching it more and more, and this year that's what's on the TV on Sunday (even though Chris works).  It also is something Maddox LOVES to watch.  He even plays football.

A couple weeks ago when we worked on Damian's closet we found an old Seahawks helmet that Chris had gotten him when he was 7 or 8, and now Maddox wears it all the time.  As soon as football comes on the TV, he goes and gets it and a ball and he's "hut, hut, hiking" all over the living room.  =)

Yesterday I did 4 miles, and man it got dark and cold fast!  I was able to leave my house by 4:15, but by 4:45 (about the time I was finishing) it was already almost dark and really cold.  Last year I bought a reflector vest thinking I'd use it a lot in the winter (I've only used it once because I also bought a treadmill) and I was wishing I had put it on when I left home.  I think if I run outside tomorrow (today is a rest day) I will wear it if I leave after 4 again.

I have cut out carbs again in my diet.  I felt really bloated and yucky after Thanksgiving, I think it had a lot to do with not drinking enough water.  My father-in-law has terrible water and I had a hard time drinking it. 

I was reading Gwen's blog and decided to eat more nuts.  I actually love nuts but you know, they're "supposed" to be fattening.  Anyway, with this new way of eating (less carbs more protein) I have a hard time remembering to add my food into Myfitnesspal.  I don't know if I should still count calories, or not.  When I do remember, my protein is always way above the "allotted" amount, and some days, even when I eat only veggies, fruit, and chicken, I am over my calorie limit.  So I just don't know.

Well, that's all I have for today.  I had bad dreams all night, and they really affected my mood and mind today.  =/

No comments:

Post a Comment