Thursday, September 5, 2013

Inspiration

Kettlebell workout
found here
Yesterday I got home and really, really wanted to go for a run.  However, since I'm trying to rest my foot as much as possible I decided not to run.  (I may be a very grumpy girl for a couple weeks.)  I was laying on the couch telling myself it would be a bad idea to run, when I decided I needed to do something, I couldn't just sit there.  So I got up and got my kettlebells (I have 2, 8lbs and 15lbs) and went to the backyard.  I have a couple kettlebell workouts pinned to Pinterest so I figured I would do one of them. 

I like the way my body feels today, sore, but not too sore.  I really like this particular blog, although I don't follow it, but I have pinned several of her workouts and am thinking I will be incorporating them into my routine for now.  At least until I can run again (or more often). 

Yesterday I wore my size 9 skinny jeans (if you didn't notice the picture) and today I wore my size 8 Levi's.  I have never been a big belt user, however, when I started losing weight I had to buy one because my pants tend to fall off.  Since my skinny jeans are that stretchy jean material, I wore a belt yesterday, but today I decided to go belt-less. It feels awesome to be wearing a size 8, and not need a belt.  However, it just dawned on me that it would feel even more awesome to wear a size 8 and need a belt.  =) 

So I've toyed around with the idea of bike riding (thanks MaryFran) but I don't know.  The only bike I have is one that was bought a couple years ago at Target.  It's nothing special and definitely not a road bike.  Plus, I've always been really bad at hills with bikes, and so I'm scared I'd have to get off and walk up a hill.  However, Chris has offered to ride bikes with me.  The problem is, we only have 2 and nothing to put Maddox in, so if I go with Chris, Damian would have to watch Maddox, and I can't go for long rides on the weekend with Damian because then there's no one to watch Maddox.  =(

Today I'm going to do a short run, 4 miles or so.  I don't want to go too far, but I just need to run.  I still don't know what I'm going to do after Sunday.  How do you know if you're healed or not?  MaryFran, are you running?  Do you still feel pain in your foot?  I should maybe go to a dr. but I feel like I know what's wrong and I know what I'm supposed to do (don't run), I just don't want to do it. 

Speaking of my half this weekend, I read a post on Facebook that said there will be post-race massages and foot baths.  That is exciting to me.  However, then I started thinking that maybe they are only for the people that ran the full marathon, not just the half.  I wonder if they discriminate?  I hope not! 

I have had a couple friends tell me lately that seeing my posts on FB have really inspired them to start running or working out.  One friend asks me for advice all the time, I never have felt like I quite know what I'm talking about, but I try to answer her the best I can.  It feels good to be an inspiration to people.  =) 

I was thinking the other day that I owe a lot to blogging.  I found Katie at Runs for Cookies via pinterest in March of last year.  I started reading her story and loved reading her blog so much I found several others.  All of the blogs I read have inspired me in some way (why else would I read them?) and have given me so much information on this sport that I love.  I have always loved running, but I have never been so obsessed with it before.  I really feel like if it wasn't for reading (and writing) blogs I would have quit running a long time ago.  And even if I hadn't quit, I don't think I would be doing any races.  I also wouldn't know all the stuff that I think I know.  I am really happy with where I've come in the year and a half that I've been running and blogging.

It's interesting how you get attached to people you read every day.  There are 2 blogs that I love that I felt really attached to the people writing them, but they both quit writing about 6 months ago.  And then there are a few others that I also love (just as much) that continue to inspire and motivate me.  I feel attached to these people, as if I am a close family friend.  I don't comment as much as others, mostly because I always feel like what I do say comes across as stupid/ignorant/silly (and also because I'm always at least a few days behind in my reading).  So those of you that follow me, I'm honored that you take time out of your day to get a glimpse into my often boring life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment