Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thank you for reading!

Lately I have had more comments on my posts than I have in the (almost) year I have been blogging.  I used to reply to the comments, but after commenting on other's blogs and then not seeing or getting a notice saying someone had replied to mine, I thought maybe it was silly to respond to comments.  Maybe it's not, but if you are like me, you don't always remember to go back and look at every blog you commented on to see if the author responded, or you don't remember which post you commented on, so you can't find your original comment . . . Anyway, I stopped replying to comments on my posts. 

I feel bad about that, as if I'm being rude or ignoring the people that take time to read my ramblings and then actually comment on them.  So . . . to those that comment, thank you!   I appreciate every single comment I get.  There have been times where I felt no one was reading at all.  =)  And to those that don't comment, but still read my thoughts, thank you as well.  I don't comment very often on other's blogs, but I read every single person I follow. (Even though I get way, way behind sometimes.)
I have been stuck at 158.6 or 8 for about 6 weeks now.  (The week of Christmas I gained a little, but I lost it the next week.)  I get so tired of sitting at one number for so long.  This is why it has taken me almost a year to lose 18 lbs.  I sat at 160 for 8 weeks . . . So, tonight we are going shopping and I am going to start buying spinach again to make my morning smoothie.  It seems every time I start drinking it, I lose a couple more lbs.  I just get tired of making it every morning.  But Maddox loves it, and it must do something really good for me, since I always lose weight when I start drinking it again.  Now that I've put it out there, it's not going to work this time.

Yesterday I ran another 4 miles on the treadmill.  Thankfully it wasn't a late run (I really don't like doing it after 8pm, but sometimes it's the only time I can.  Have I mentioned how much I love my treadmill because I CAN go out and do it at 8pm?).  I had several things going on in my brain while I was setting up the run, I was thinking I would do my normal 6.7 mph at a 2 incline, so I set the incline to 2.  I've been listening to an audiobook while I run, it's the second book of the Hunger Games trilogy, Catching Fire, (I read them awhile ago, but Damian got the audiobooks for Christmas so I started listening to them, they are really good).  Anyway, I knew I was almost done with Catching Fire so I thought I'd run at a 7mph pace until the end of the book and then I'd go back to my slower pace when I switched books.  So I set the treadmill at 7mph, forgetting that I had already set the incline at 2.  At about mile 2, I realized that I was running at an incline of 2 at the higher pace, but I was doing okay, a little winded but okay, so I decided to stick it out.  I figured the book was almost done and I'd reset everything. 

Lucky me, the book didn't end, it just kept going and going.  By the time I reached mile 3 I thought, I'm all in, I might as well increase the speed for this last mile.  I did decrease the incline to a 1 and then increased the speed to 7.2.  That wasn't much of a difference, especially since I decreased the incline, so at 3.25 miles I increased it again to 7.4.  I was feeling it by then, but just for punishment fun I bumped it up to an "even" 7.5 at mile 3.5.  It was tough but I got it done.  =)  Now I know I can easily do Katie's 5K tomorrow at a 7mph, so I may try to do it at a 7.2 or 7.4, depending on how much "fun" I want to have.  =) I was pretty pleased with my overall time, which was 8:29min/mile.  =)  (By the way, the book ended at 3.8 miles.)
I always feel super skinny when I get done with my run.  I wish I looked as skinny as I felt. However, I had D take a picture of me not too long ago of me in my running clothes with the purpose of putting it on here, and I do not look that skinny in the picture.  =(   I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I didn't post the picture.  I will say, the biggest thing I'm bummed about with losing weight is the lack of boobs.  A year ago I was a D, pushing DD (I was breast feeding).  Now (I'm not breast feeding and have lost 18 lbs) I'm down to a B cup.  I was a 34B in high school, and I am again.  However, I didn't mind it in high school, now that I know what it's like to be bigger, I prefer a C cup.  =(  I told Chris it's time to save for a boob job.  lol! . . . but seriously . . .

*34 days till Disneyland!

2 comments:

  1. Good treadmill workout. I wonder if there is something in greens that shoots those tough fat cells and melts them ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ramble???? I thought I only did that ha ha.

    ReplyDelete