Thursday, January 10, 2013

Gross nastiness

Today promises to be a long day.

Last night about 7:30 Chris said he wasn't feeling well and was going to take a shower and go to bed.  He took a shower and then threw up and then went to bed.  I walked into our room at 10pm to see him sitting up in bed puking into a garbage can.  =(  Then about 1am, Damian walked into my room and said he just threw up.  =(  Maddox has some nasty diarrhea stuff going on . . . and then this morning when I woke up, I had a text from Heather, who stayed with her boyfriend last night, that she was up all night throwing up.  Somehow, I have not been touched by this nastiness, but I feel it's only a matter of time.  And it's extremely gross nastiness. 

I am pretty sure that my sickness on Monday was not whatever it is that everyone else has.  I know that I drank rotten creamer in my coffee, I saw it.  It was nasty.  I've had several people say that maybe my sickness Monday was actually whatever the rest of my household has, but I'm doubtful.  I may never know for sure though. 

I did not get much sleep last night.  Damian woke me twice and Chris woke me at least two times as well, I'm thinking maybe 3 times.  So I'm extremely tired today.  =/  I was kinda grateful to be going to work.  Get out of my house of nasties and into the fairly safer environment of working. =)  I felt a little guilty about leaving Chris when he's sick with two sick kids, but if the tables were turned and I was the sick one and he had to work, he would have gone to work, so that helps me to feel a little better about it.

Before all the sickness happened yesterday, Chris made dinner (which now that I think about it, is probably a bad omen for me).  He made his "mock" enchiladas, which are very good, but loaded with fat and grease.  I was going to run 4 miles on my treadmill but then somehow a breaker got flipped and my workout was lost.  I had been looking at the mileage on the treadmill right before that, so I know I went at least 1.90 miles, anyway, I flipped the breaker and got back on, and thought that I'll start over, only this time I'll do 3 miles. This way I'll work off whatever greasy goodness Chris was cooking up.  Somehow restarting the machine tricked my mind a little and I was able to do it without much difficulty.  I ended up doing 3.10, so I could say I did 5 miles, plus my 2 min of warm up time before actually running.  =)  I felt really good about it.

I want to run 4 miles the rest of the week, which will put me at working out 5 days this week.  I really don't like taking my days off in a row, especially at the beginning of the week, but I was lazy Sunday and then sick Monday and really couldn't run.  So I'll just suck it up and do it.  =)

Well, I still cannot add pictures.  I have no idea how to fix this problem.  I am going to have to look at the help options or something.  I'll tell you what's wrong, in case someone else has encountered this problem and knows how to fix it.
There's the "button" at the top that you click to add pictures, well, when I hit it it takes me to the pop-up window, but the button that says "browse" is gone.  I have no clue how to get it back or even why it disappeared.  Anyone out there know how to fix this??

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! It sounds like the norovirus has hit your house. I don't know about your neck of the woods, but there is quite a breakout of it in the Portland Metro area. I hope everyone feels better soon!

    As for the posting...are you posting in blogger or in something like Windows Live Writer. I haven't had problems with pictures...but I don't think I've posted any in a while....

    ReplyDelete