This weekend I did what I said I was going to do. =) I ran both Saturday and Sunday outside, not on the treadmill. Since I came back from my parents' after Christmas and ran one day outside and felt like it was really hard, I have been kinda dreading it. This weekend it wasn't that bad. I even did the horrible hill route that I used to do daily and barely struggled. For some reason going back up the hill on the way home is steeper than going the other way at the beginning of the run. (This isn't just my perception because it's the end of the run vs. the beginning of the run, it really is steeper, probably because the hill is shorter on one side than the other.) Anyway, I usually avoid that side of the hill, instead, turning off on a side road and going a different way. Saturday I decided to go down the steep side of the hill . . . which means I have to go back up it eventually. As I was approaching the hill on the way back I decided to attempt to run it all the way up, even if I was running at a crawl. I have never ran up the steep side before. I got about halfway and some lady in her car stops me and asks for directions. I was annoyed, but relieved. It gave me a brief respite and I finished going up the hill. I did walk for half a block on the way down though.
Yesterday I did 4.5 miles on the treadmill. That makes 7 days in a row of running. I have definitely felt it in my legs, especially the back of my thighs. I think that I am going to go look at foam rollers today. I haven't felt the need for one until this week, but I think it would be nice to have one handy. Today my legs aren't hurting as much, but I lowered the incline to a 1 on the treadmill, so I'm wondering if that has a lot to do with it.
I think today is going to be a rest day. I don't really feel the need to take rest days, but with my legs hurting so badly I have been planning on it for the last few days. With the treadmill it's been so easy to just go jump on it in the evenings. I can get on it after Maddox goes to bed and I don't have to worry about Chris being mad at me for sticking him with Maddox so often. I even feel a little guilty that I'm not going to run today, and since my legs don't hurt as much, I have been thinking maybe I would after all.
We do need to go grocery shopping today though. We are completely out of toilet paper, and have even run out of baby wipes. Those are two very, very important items that are needed. =)
Well, yesterday was Friend Makin' Monday and again I missed it, but that's okay cuz I'm doing it today. =)
Well, on Friday I was able to get a couple pictures on here, but today I am not. It's very, very frustrating.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
2. How old were you when you had your first kiss? I was 13 years old. Looking back I can't believe I was so young. I was doing things at 14 that no 14 year old should be doing, and now I have a 14 year old . . .
3. Share the coolest thing that you’ve done so far in 2013. hmmm, I haven't done anything yet this year. =)
4. What kind of cell phone do you use? Do you love it? I have a Android Bionic. I'm not in love with it. I haven't really found a phone that I love. The worst part about my phone is that the battery life sucks. It sucks more than most smartphones. Which I was told about when I got it, but I didn't care, I wanted it. I've been thinking about trying the iPhone . . . but I have an aversion to anything iRelated.
5. How many times do you plan to workout this week? 5 days, however that may change. I'm supposed to go to eastern WA this weekend and I'm not sure if I will get a work out in while I'm there.
6. What is your favorite movie from the 80′s? I have to pick one?? hmmmmm . . . maybe Dirty Dancing or Girls Just Want to Have Fun . . . really, I don't think I could pick one, those are just 2 out of a ton.
7. If you could choose one character from a TV show or a movie to fall head over heels for you, who would it be? I don't know. I watch tons and tons of TV and movies, but I have never been the type to get a crush on a character or even actor. I think my biggest "crush" would be Julia Roberts, but I have never thought about even meeting her. . . Actually, I really, really love William Thacker (Hugh Grant) in Notting Hill.
9. What is your favorite flower? I loved roses forever. However, they are kinda boring. =) So I guess I now love calla lilies, and daffodils. (Daffodils were the first flower ever given to me . . . they came from Chris, who stole them from a garden when we were about 15.) =) Really any flower is awesome. =)
10. Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? No, I never watch any awards shows.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!
I'm so sorry for the lack of pictures. If anyone knows how to fix it, let me know!!