Monday, January 7, 2013

FMM~ Simple Questions

I told you that our friend Heather moved into our house last week.  Well, that means that she is sleeping in Maddox's room (where the spare bed is) and Maddox is in his playpen in our room.  I really, really hate that situation, but there isn't really another option.  Anyway, Thursday night Maddox started fussing around 10:30, right when I was drifting off to sleep.  I tried to ignore him, but he wouldn't stop (he was still sleeping, just fussing a little in his sleep).  When Heather got home from work at 11 and Gizmo (our dog) started barking in the living room, which woke Maddox up completely. He then started full-on crying and wouldn't settle down because he could see Chris and me in our bed.  So I got up with him and after he finally fell asleep (around midnight) I laid him down and slept on the couch.  I was soooo tired on Friday.

This is going to be a really long couple of months with Heather in our house.  =/

Then Friday night about 7:45 we got a call from Damian's gymnastics coach "reminding" us about the meet in the moring at 8am . . . at the University of Washington in Seattle (a 2hr drive)  Huh?!  I didn't know he had a meet in the morning. I was so unhappy.  That would mean that I would have to wake up earlier than I normally do for work and then spend the entire morning and part of the afternoon in Seattle.  I was not happy at all.  Thankfully my sister said she would go with me, and I was able to get ahold of my babysitter who said she would watch Maddox for me.

Heather stayed the night with her boyfriend Saturday night, so I was able to sleep (mostly) undisturbed.  However, Chris has the cold I gave everyone, so he is snoring very badly.  I couldn't get to sleep.  Finally about 12:45 I went and found the earplugs I used to use before I got pregnant (I quit when I got pregnant because I wasn't sleeping well anyway, and then I had a baby so couldn't afford to use them).  I slept soooo soundly with those earplugs in, it was so nice!  However, I didn't hear Chris's alarm go off in the morning . . . and neither did he . . . so I didn't wake him up like I normally do.  He got up at 7am.  He usually leaves at 6:30, but doesn't have to be to work until 7:30 (it's only a 15 min drive).  He was out the door in record time, but he woke Maddox up, even though Maddox was in his own room.  =/

I have only run outside once since setting up my treadmill, and before that I ran on my Dad's treadmill, so only one time in 2 weeks.  I am running, and I am running 4 miles, but I kinda feel like I'm cheating by running on the treadmill.  Today I will probably run on it again because I have court this afternoon at work and won't get home till it's dark.  I love that I can run even when it's dark or terribly windy, but, like I said,  I feel like I'm cheating. 

I am scared of the dark.  I have always been scared of the dark.  And running in the dark, by myself, makes me even more scared.  I have a reflector vest and I bought some pepper spray, but I'm still terrified.  I don't know if I will ever get over it.  =(

Anyway, it is Friend Makin' Monday.  =)


fmm
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Simple Questions
1. Outside my window I see…I am currently at work and there are no windows in my area.  At home I see the street and the house across from the street. . . and the mountains.  =)

2. My kitchen counters are…really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, like really, really, really, really, really, ugly orange, peeling, crappy, disgusting something or other.  Seriously really, really, really, really, really ugly.

3. Yesterday I drank…water, coffee and some wine =)

4. My cell phone is…a Bionic, and has really, really terrible battery life.  

5. My computer is…a basic laptop, nothing fancy

6. My favorite reality show is…This is the worst question, I watch tons of "reality" shows.  I like them all (which is why I watch them).  I like all the Real Housewives of . . . shows, Survivor, Biggest Loser, Big Rich Texas, Amazing Race, Big Brother, many, many....

7. My workouts are…my happy time. I love Zumba and I love running.

8. The last book I read is…I just finished a Meg Cabot book, she wrote The Princess Diaries, I've read several of her books (but not The Princess Diaries, and I really like her.

9. My week will be….pretty average.

10.  So far 2013 has been…pretty average. =)

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions.  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are very eventful for you. Geez I wish I could run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Busy! I'd have been mad too having a 2 hour drive dumped on me at the last minute.Glad you were able to get some adult company to go with you.

    Here for FMM.

    ReplyDelete