Thursday, January 31, 2013

Family pictures

Over Christmas time we had family pictures taken.  All of us, spouses and kids included, were at my parent's house for the first time in a long, long time.  I don't know if it has been 5 years, maybe 8, maybe longer, I don't remember.  Anyway, we were all together and my sisters and I decided we were going to get pictures done professionally since we were all together.

One of my cousins' (she's a 2nd cousin) went to school with me when we were young.  Well, she is living in the same area as my parents again and she is doing photography as a part-time, side business, so I asked her if she would be willing to go to my parent's house and take our pictures.  She did and I just got them back yesterday.  They are fabulous!  I can't believe how good they turned out.  There's no way I would have guessed that she wasn't really a "professional" photographer.  =)  So of course, I'm going to share them with you. =)

The whole family

Just us original 6. Tami, Nancy, Mom, Daddy, Barbara, me

My family.  =)

The 4 sisters

I LOVE this picture.  Nancy and Tami were
planning on covering Barbara's face, so I decided
to get them too.
I succeeded!
Chris and I went to Sears before Christmas and got family pictures taken there.  I think I love these more.  It's much more personalized.  =)  The barn in the background is my parent's barn, and the truck the four of us girls are on is my Dad's truck.  This isn't even half of the pictures we got, but they are all really, really great.  And the total for the pictures was . . . $75.  That is awesome!   I may have to go through her every year. =)
                                               

So yesterday I ran 5 miles . . . well, I decided I was going to run 45 min, no matter what, I'm running about a 9 min/mile, so I figured 45 min would equal 5 miles.  I set the treadmill to 6.7mph, which is closer to a 8:55 min/mile, but I decided to run 45 min anyway.  Well, because I had to stop the treadmill a couple times 45 min equaled 5.02 miles.  (The time it takes to get up to speed shaves a couple seconds off the 8:55 min/mile time.) 

I also bought a new kettle bell, one that is 15 lbs, instead of the 8lb one I was using.  While I was using the 15lb one, I could definitely tell the difference in the weight and expected to be super sore today.  However, I am not sore at all today.  Makes me think maybe I didn't work hard enough.  =)

Today I'm going to do zumba.

I calculated my miles ran in January, and I ran 91.34 miles total in January.  That is more miles in one month than I have ever ran.  I was wishing I had done it differently so that I could have 9 extra miles and say I ran 100 miles in January.  I have been debating on whether or not I want to go for 100 miles in February or not.  2 things wrong with that though, 1) February is a short month, and 2) I'm going to Disneyland on the 27th.  I know that's only 2 days of Feb, but 2 days of a short month make it very hard.  I calculatedc that I would have to run 5 miles four days a week, and then two 6 mile runs and two 7 mile runs and I would make 104 miles.  Problem is, I don't know if I want to commit to 5 miles every day. 

I guess we'll see how I feel on Sunday.  =)

*27 days till Disneyland!

1 comment:

  1. I get so envious of close families. Mine has been been a good thing to be a part of. Sad. But I am always so glad to see some families being close and loving. A bit lonely for me, but I'm glad others are blessed so.

    ReplyDelete