Tuesday, November 27, 2012

When do you run?

I think I have decided that I need to run on my lunch break.  By the time I get home most days it's after 4pm (which is actually early compared to 5pm) but it's getting dark by 4:30 or earlier and I just am not sure yet about running in the dark.  What do other people do?  I don't know, I don't know any other runners.  =(  Anyway, before I got pregnant I was running (with a lot of walking) during my lunch break.  I was only going 2 miles, so I will have to figure out a couple routes that are longer.  That also means that I am going to be coming back to work really sweaty and gross, with no where to take a shower.  But I can sponge off in the bathroom . . .

Yesterday I had every intention of going for a run after I got home from work.  However, Damian started basketball yesterday so I had no one to watch Maddox.  I thought about taking Maddox with me (jogging stroller and all) but then I got home and he wasn't feeling very well.  He's had a runny nose and a small fever in the evenings since Friday.  I got home yesterday and he wouldn't let me put him down.  I decided it was probably a bad idea to take him out in the cold.  Then I remembered that I didn't really have time anyway because I had to pick up D at 5.  =/  Plus, I really, really didn't want to run in the dark. 

It's interesting because before it started getting dark so early, it was pretty common to see several people out running after work, but I didn't see one person yesterday.  When do they go run?  Do they give it up in the winter?  I can't imagine a runner being seasonal.  Maybe they do the same thing that I am thinking of and go during their lunch. . .

I decided to run during lunchtime yesterday evening.  I even packed my bag to be ready to take to work and then I was thinking about it, and realized that if I don't go to zumba tonight then I won't be able to go at all this week.  Tuesday and Thursday are the only days it's offered at 5:30 and Thursday we are going to get family pictures done.  Then I was looking at the weather for the rest of the week and today is supposed to be the last sunny day for the foreseeable future, so then I've been thinking maybe I should have brought my bag after all. . .


Well, yesterday was Friend Makin' Monday and I didn't post it.  So here it is, a day late, again.  =)

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Dear Santa: List at least ten things that you may or may not need that you’d love to find under your tree this year!
 1. A Kindle Fire

2. a new ring

3. shoes =)

You know what's special about the red soles?  Everyone knows that means they are Louboutin's, even people that don't really know shoes.  =)

4. towels, seriously, mine are only good for a rag bin.  =)


5. new sheets.  I only have one set for my bed and it's very annoying.

6. a book shelf

7. eye lash extensions.  Seriously, I think that sounds really, really awesome. =)

8.  back massager, simple =)

9.  new nose ring

10.  A new car . . . ; )

11. a wine rack


Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s question! Try to come up with at least ten things that you love, but feel free to share as many as you’d like! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment