Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Crazy Monday (after the fact)

*sigh*  I went right into old habits this weekend. . . I didn't post once.  =(  I thought about it a couple times, but didn't do it.  I didn't even run this weekend.  I don't know why.  I meant to.  On Saturday Damian had a friend over and almost as soon as they woke up they left the house.  It was raining and I didn't want to take Maddox in the stroller no, that's not an excuse and then when Damian got home I was in the "I'm lazy" mode.  Yesterday I meant to run, I really did.  I was going to run in the afternoon, and somehow time got away from me and before I knew it, it was dark outside.  (It gets dark so early!)  I baked pies for Thanksgiving instead.  I baked apple and pecan pies.

That seriously looks like the perfect apple pie.  =)
We are having a small storm here today, lots of rain and lots of wind, so I don't know what I'm going to do about running.  I took 2 days off, and then have Thanksgiving this week.  This may be a very low exercising week.  It's days like today when I really, really want a treadmill (even though I hate them so much).  I don't really have workout videos, but I could break out Just Dance, and play with that for awhile.  I just feel weird doing it in the living room (the only space to do it) with Chris and Damian around.  =/

I typed this up ^^ yesterday and then got really busy and didn't post it. 

I had to drive around a lot yesterday for work (seriously, I put 80 miles on my car) and it was pouring rain.  Not the little drizzle that is so common in western WA, but drenching, big drops, rain.  I was gearing myself up for running in it.  I was thinking about what route I was going to take, and what I was going to wear and started to actually look forward to it.

Well, for work I have to go to court every other week, so yesterday I was at court and when we came out, the rain had stopped and it was very, very windy.  I was so bummed.  I really, really do hate running in the wind.  So on my way home from work (I left at 4ish) I was thinking I'd call my friend and ask if I could use his crappy elliptical machine.  While I was leaving him a message, I realized that zumba started at 4:15 on Mondays and if I was really fast, I could make it.  So I did that instead.  =)

Monday's thankfulness:
"Today I am thankful I can go to zumba when it's rainy and windy instead of running. =)"

I also missed Friend Makin' Monday yesterday, so I will try to get on later and post FMM and my thankfulness for today.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment